Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Summer 2012

I came upstairs one day in June and Ashley's mom told me she could tell I was happy because I was singing country music at the top of my lungs. It was true. My parents were coming down to visit us, because we hadn't seen them since the wedding (the joys of marrying a foreigner) and I was excited to see them. We played and hiked in Zion's and ate good food, and good treats. We also planned a family get together with all the married kids. It would be the first time in a long time we had all been together. The firs weekend of August became our family reunion. We met at Lava Hot Springs in Idaho, and had a blast. We played games, camped out, and spent time around our propane fire pit (fireban in all of Idaho). Some of our favorite highlights were jumping off the platforms at the pools, Ashley and I winning the treading water contest, the hot pools at night, square ice cream, and family pictures. Thanks to Mom and Dad and everyone who drove long distances to host such a fun trip. It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment