Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Road Trip 2011

Holy Smokes,

Time flies when you are having fun doesn't it?  I promise to be more diligent at keeping up with this blog.  We have not even thought about it much since we created it.  I think it is time for a few stories that date before our wedding.  A few thoughts, and perhaps a picture.

Ashley and I met when my friends invited me to go golfing.  For some reason we ended up going to an activity at their bishops house, and I tagged along.  Ashley was there, and we all introduced ourselves (mostly for my benefit, as I was the only one out of place...) but Ashley said she liked to sing, and that she had fake teeth.  When it was my turn, I felt like I should chime in and tell everyone that I had fake teeth also, and that I sang in the University Choir at General Conference.  We had a very brief conversation after the activity, and that was it for our first meeting.  I thought for sure she was too cute to be single, and so I didn't pursue things much.  

A few nights later, the guys asked me if I wanted to go out with some girls again.  Not being completely anti-social I decided that it might be fun to grab a bite to eat with some new people and make a few new friends.  Ashley was there, and so I gladly bought her dinner... little did I know that she hated red meat.  I had a big bloody rare cooked steak.  I practically forced her to have a few bites, but was very glad when she said I could eat the rest.  We have a very funny story to post on a later date with the details of our beginnings... so I am going to fast forward.  

I took Ashley home with me in August of 2011.  I knew I really liked this girl, and I felt something special with her, but my family is crazy, and I needed to know if she could handle them before I revealed ANY of my intentions to Ashley.  We went home with Scott Donald Cooper and Brady James, 2 of our most dear friends, and we had a blast.  We went ice bathing in Red-Rock Canyon, and Scott and I ran a triathalon.  It was a fun trip.  We really had a chance to get to know each other, and my family LOVED Ashley.





Ashley and I planned our wedding, and she started school at Paul Mitchell in Rexburg.  We have had many laughs, and many great stories that we will share with you.  This was just a reminder to me that we have not been keeping this up to date.  The above pictures are from our Road Trip 2011 to Canada, and the ones below are a few engagement pictures, and our first house we lived in.  We love you all, and hope you enjoy our life story as we tell it!

J&A





No comments:

Post a Comment